中国形象宣传片中不都是中国人?美国网民热议
中国人, 宣传片, 美国, 纽约
  下载 (91.42 KB)

昨天 08:46
译文导读:中国的形象宣传片上了纽约时代广场的大屏幕,1分钟视频内出现的人物收到了NBC某作者的质疑。
转载自:网贴翻译论坛
原帖地址:http://www.ptfcn.com/ptfcn/s/281.html
————————————————————————————————————————————————
Beijing boasts in Times Square, but are they really Chinese?
北京在时代广场炫耀着,但宣传片中真的都是中国人吗?

By Bo Gu, NBC News
SHANGHAI – Airing 15 times an hour and 300 times a day, a new one-minute-long promotional video about China just made its début in New York’s Times Square in conjunction with President Hu Jintao’s state visit.
“上海”——每小时15次每天300次的频率播放着,这部新的一分钟长度的中国宣传片伴随着HJT主席的国事访问刚刚在纽约时代广场亮相。
Featuring 50 accomplished Chinese celebrities from a variety of industries, the promotional video has been in the works since last year and will dominate the big screen in Time Square through mid-February, when the traditional Chinese New Year is over.
以各行业50个杰出人物为代表,这部宣传片自去年开始准备并在将来的整个2月中旬占据时代广场的大荧幕,直至中国春节结束。
The video is supposed to introduce the U.S. – and the world – to Chinese people who have excelled and brought Chinese citizens a sense of pride.
这部视频被期望能够把出色的中国人形象和中国市民的自豪感传达到美国,以及整个世界。
But it wasn't long before someone posted a discovery on Twitter: At least three celebrities shown in the video are U.S. citizens; even more have permanent residency status in the U.S.
但没过多久就有人在Twitter上公布了自己的发现:至少有3个在视频中出现的精英是美国市民;甚至拥有着在美国的永久居住权。
Phoenix TV hostess Chen Luyu, who interviewed Hilary Clinton last year, is an American citizen. So is musician Tan Dun and Kung Fu star Donnie Yan. Others, including volleyball champion Lang Ping, basketball player Yao Ming, and actress Zhang Ziyi, all have American green cards. Pianist Lang Lang and diving queen Guo Jingjing are Hong Kong citizens. (Although Hong Kong is officially part of China, Chinese mainland citizens still need a visa to go to the former British colony). And Asia’s richest man, Li Kai-shing, is a citizen of Hong Kong – but his two sons have Canadian citizenship.
曾在去年采访过希拉里 克林顿的凤凰台主持人陈鲁豫是美国公民。音乐家谭盾和功夫明星甄子丹同样也是。其他的,包括排球冠军郎平,篮球运动员姚明,女演员章子怡,全都有美国绿卡。钢琴家朗朗和跳水皇后郭晶晶是香港市民(虽然香港是官方承认的中国领土的一部分,但是中国大陆居然仍然需要签证才能进入这个前英国殖民地)。并且亚洲首富李嘉诚,是香港市民——但是他的两个儿子有加拿大国籍。
Hong Kong Internet observer Bei Feng joked on his Twitter page: “Everyone misunderstood the promotional video of China. It’s not about China. It only sends one message: The best Chinese talents are being sent to or have been sent to the U.S. The goal of Chinese people: To become an American.” His tweet was soon retweeted, receiving comments and criticism from the Twitterverse.
香港互联网观察员北风在他的Twitter页面中开玩笑说:"每个人都误解了中国宣传片的用意。它可不是关于中国。它只是要传达这样一个信息:最优秀的中国人才正在被或者已经被送到了美国。中国人的目标是:成为美国人。”他的发言很快被回复,有评论有批评。
While the United States and European countries are the No. 1 education destinations for Chinese students, you can barely find a Chinese leader whose children are not seeking foreign permanent resident status or passports outside China, either through education or immigration.
当中国学生将美国和欧洲国家作为最好的教育地点,你很难找到一个子女不通过教育或者移民来追求外国永久居住证和中国以外护照的中国领导。
In big cities like Beijing and Shanghai, training programs for the GRE exam and the International English Language Testing System are filled with students from all over China spending their time and money preparing to go overseas.
在北京和上海这类大城市,为了GRE考试和雅思的培训机构总是充满了花费时间和金钱准备出国的学生。
Americans may consider China a threat, but they should not forget that for a great many of China's brightest and smartest, the U.S. is still their dream place to be.
美国人或许认为中国是一个威胁,但他们不应该忘记在许多最闪光的最聪明的中国人眼中,美国仍然是梦想之地。

(同一编号内为对发言者的讨论)
1:
mipak
That's a noble goal by Chinese people: To become an American. But that sure contrasts to the goal of illegals in America. Their goals are simply to continue paying homage to the Mexican flag, refusing to learn English, or to pay taxes the American way (and instead send their checks or cash over the border back to Mexico frequently). It's this tendency of illegals that really angers Americans. We feel they are just invaders because of their attitudes.
对中国人来说这是一个光荣的目标:成为美国人。但这肯定和那些在美国的非法移民的目标形成了对比。他们的目标仅仅是继续像墨西哥旗帜致敬,拒绝学习英语或者像美国纳税(取而代之的是频繁的将支票和现金穿过边界上送回墨西哥)。 就是这些非法移民才是真正激怒了美国人。由于他们的态度我们看才觉得他们仅仅是侵略者而已。
Jeff-496088
Well they do not have to learn English because the U.S. has no official language, and if you want them to pay taxes make them legal citizens. So what if they take pride in their heritage? I knew a lot of Americans who were proud of their Mexican heritage who still did their jobs exceptionally well in the USMC and were just as loyal to the U.S. as any Arkansas white boy.
他们不用学习英语因为美国没有官方语言,并且如果你要他们纳税就要让他们成为合法的市民。他们已自己的传统为荣又怎么了?我知道许多为墨西哥传统自豪的美国人在美国海军陆战队中极其出色的工作着,并且和阿肯色州的白人们一样对美国忠诚。
Darthdon
Jeff - Being here illegally makes them criminals, no matter what LaRaza and the Bleeding Heart Liberals say. Those who follow OUR laws are welcome to OUR country, those who don't are NOT.
Jeff,非法移民的身份让他们犯罪,不管墨西哥人和软心肠的自由主义者怎么说。我们只欢迎遵守我们法律的人,而不是违法的。
JustAThought08
mipak, An article about an advertising campaign promoting China by highlighting the accomplishments of Chinese celebrities, that also notes many of them are either American citizens or have green cards to be here has not a thing to do with Mexico or illegal immigration anywhere in the universe except between your ears.
Just once, I would like to see the first comment on one of these threads be, you know, actually about the damn article! Can you say anything about what is in the article itself without injecting your imaginary political pet peeves into it? Is that even possible for you to do?
文章是在讲中国通过突出中国精英们的成就来达到宣传的目地,也说明他们中的许多人都有美国绿卡,跟你们在说的墨西哥或者非法移民没半毛钱关系,除了你们的眼睛。
一次也好,我希望看到第一个回复,跟这该死的文章有关系!你们能不能谈论文章本身而不掺杂你们想象中的政治抱怨?你们做得到吗?
Denissr
What about our Founding Fathers? What rules and laws did the native Americans have? Whet the Pilgrims Criminals? Apparently we celebrate Illegals as long as they are white! The point of the ad I believe was that they were natives of China, not what their Citizenship was.
我们的开国之父们呢?我们曾经立下的规则与法律呢?最初移民来的犯罪分子又是谁?很显然我们赞美那些非法移民只要他们是白人!
Denissr
This sounds a lot like the foreigner invaders that came to America and made the Native Americans adopt their customs and language. Killed them if they didn't give into them. Some of the Native Americans that did adopt our ways, we took their business's and land and put them in a Death March, across the Country, 2000 miles away. How we became this great Country we used to be is beyond me, I guess evil triumphs. Americans are like thieves that steal, but don't want to share with other thieves.
有许多外国侵略者来到了美洲并且逼迫美洲原住民接受他们的习俗和语言。不听从的话就杀死他们。一些原住民接受了我们的方式,我们拿走他们的商品和土地,然后再把他们送上死路,横跨全国,2000里外。不能想象我们是怎么成为这个伟大的国家的,不正是这邪恶的凯旋吗。美国人就像贼一样偷窃,但不想和其他贼分享。
redhawk-CA
Denissr---
feel free to Leave...Anytime!
Denissr---
随时恭贺你的离开。
Vance333

Redhawk I do love america , in fact I joined the Marines at 17. But the truth is we did steal this land from the people who were here first. And we are still screwing them . That is just a fact . And you forget that Dennisser has the "RIGHT" not the privilige to speak his/her mind. And if you don't believe that Im afraid maybe you shouldd leave.
Redhawk,我很爱美国,事实上我17岁就加入了海军陆战队。但真相是我们确实从土生土长的人们的手里偷取了这块土地。并且我们至今还在压榨他们。这只是个事实。并且你忘了Dennisser有“权利”而非特权来谈论他的想法,如果你不能接受,我恐怕你应该离开这里。
2:
JW012

This article is ridiculous, the legal citizenship does not alone determine an individual's allegiance to his or her motherland. Having a green card is a matter of convenience for traveling and residence without jumping through the superfluous hoops many Chinese immigrants have to jump through for travel and residence in the U.S. Having permanent residency or citizenship in the U.S. makes finding jobs, traveling, and a number of other necessary living activities much easier for a foreigner; it's not exactly a statement of how an individual feels of where his or her home is.
这个作者很可笑,单独根据合法的国籍不能决定一个人对祖国的忠诚。拥有一张绿卡是为了摆脱多余的束缚方便自己旅游和居住,许多中国人是出于此原因而已。在美国有永久居住权或者国籍能让外国人找工作,旅游,以及许多必须的日常活动更简单;把它当做个体感觉哪里才是他的家乡的陈述是不正确的。
And while it is true that many students from China, especially those from wealthy families, are looking for chances to study in the U.S., "becoming an American" is hardly the reason. First, it is much more challenging for students to get into college in China, especially prestigious universities. A large proportion of Chinese students who apply to college in the U.S. are students who could not get into college in China. Those who do tend to go to graduate school or work in the U.S. often return to China soon after. The even fewer who stay here stay primarily for the higher income, which they send back to China for their families.
而且虽然有很多学生来自中国,特别是那些富裕家庭的,都在寻找机会在美国学习。“成为一个美国人”几乎不是原因。第一,在中国要考入大学,学生要经历太多挑战,尤其是那些著名大学。有很大比例的学生之所以来美国求学是因为他们在中国无法进入大学。那些倾向来美国毕业和工作的学生没多久就回国了。较少的一部分为了高收入而留下来,而这是为了他们在中国的家庭。
On a similar note, a growing number of Europeans and Americans are obtaining permanent residences in China for business; is that their denouncements of their citizenships? If you would hesitate to jump to that conclusion, then the same hesitation should be applied when talking about the people of any nation.
同样需要注意的是,越来越多的欧洲人和美国人为了商业而去获取中国的永久居住证;这难道是对原有国籍的不满吗?如果你犹豫接受这个结论,那么当谈论其它任何国籍的人的时候你都会犹豫。
I hope readers will see through this article's desperate attempt to distort and conceal the growing nationalistic pride that modern Chinese feel for their homeland.
我希望读者能够看穿这个作者迫切企图扭曲和隐瞒一个不断增长的名族主义的骄傲——现代中国人相信自己的祖国。

Frank Morton-2536216

The Chinese have a long and proud history. When they are ready they will take back Taiwan; Also, they will take the factories they were exploited in. Our Corporate leaders are without patriotism and are open traitors to America. Money worshipers have but one God.
中国有一段很长和骄傲的历史。当他们准备好了,他们会收复台湾;并且,他们还会拿走他们开发的工厂。我们的企业领导人毫无爱国节操,公然背叛美国。金钱崇拜者只有一个上帝。
Bling Bling-2960766

racism, nepotism and a love of money are only going to get china so far. at some point you have to dig a little deeper. good luck
种族歧视,任贤为亲还有贪财只会让中国越来越遥远。在某一时刻你不得不深入。祝你好运
Terry-2961718

Wow, how interesting to see some people get so bent out of shape about an advertisement. (1) China is not the only country that has nationalistic pride - look around here in our beloved USA; (2) noting famous folks who are of Chinese descent - of whatever citizenship - isn't it okay to celebrate them during Chinese New Year?
哇,看到有些人为了这部广告而气坏了真是有趣。(1)中国不是唯一有民族自尊心的国家——在我们心爱的美国四处看看;(2)不管那些中国血统的名人是什么血统,能不能在中国春节为他们庆祝一下?

MrFroc
Boy are you bigotted and porrly informed. Not all illegal immagrants are from South of the Border. And as a fact, many of the Latin America illegals do strive to become Americans, at he same time supporting their families back home. When the jobs they take are legitimate jobs they pay taxes, just ask the employers at the Butchering plants in the mid-west that hire the illegal immagrants
告诉你吧盲目又可悲的家伙。不是所有的非法移民都是从边界南边来的(即指墨西哥)。事实上,许多拉丁美洲的非法移民努力成为美国人,同时还要帮助他们的家庭回家。一旦他们找到合法的工作,他们就会纳税,只要问问中西部那边雇用非法移民的屠宰场的雇主们就知道。
Now I'm all for tightening the border and strengthening our Immigration law, but I think that America can't survive without immigrants taking the low-paying jobs they do get, or do you really want $5 lettuce and $10 a gallon milk.
现在我完全赞成加紧对边界的管理和加强我们的移民法律,但我认为美国人的生活不能离开那些拿着低收入的移民们,或者你真的想去买5美元和10美元一加仑的牛奶?
Thinking clearly and logically, that seems to be guest worker passes.
清晰和有逻辑的思考,看来应该让外来务工者们进来。

dnimerick
At one time I was a construction contractor. My specialty was framing houses. We were paid by the square foot, the amount depending upon the complexity of the structure. I could frame a standard three bedrroom two bath house with two car garage in five working days with a crew of two good men. The framing was accurate, walls plumb, corners square. That was thirty years ago. Then crews consisting of illegals began showing up. Their crews consisted of five or six men and it took them twice as long to frame a house. The quality was barely acceptable in most cases. But they did the work far cheaper than I could and still pay my crew. Now, the price for framing a house is still less per square foot than it was thirty years ago, but the prices of houses went up, not down. And that, MrFroc, is what happens in an industry when illegals are allowed in.
曾经我是作为一个建筑承包商。我的专业是建造房屋。根据施工的平方英尺来支付我们的费用,总额则依据建筑的复杂程度。在有2个好手帮助下我可以在5个工作日内建造一个标准的3室2卫2车间的房子。整个设计是精确地,墙笔直,墙角成直角。那是30年以前,施工队中就出现了非法移民。他们的团队有5个或者6个人,却要花费2倍的时间来建造一间房屋,质量在大部分情况下简直不能让人接受,但是雇佣他们的费用要远比我需要继续维持我的队伍的费用要低。如今,建造房屋获得的价钱仍然要比30年前的要少,但房价却不降反升。而这一切,MrFroc,就是允许非法移民进入一个产业所产生的后果。
JustAThought08
dnimerick, was it letting the "illegals" in, or was it the destructive drive that your industry and other industries have to increase their profit no matter what? They were not "allowed" in. There are legal penalties for hiring undocumented workers. If hiring undocumented workers was not perfectly okay with corporate America in their unrelenting pursuit of more profit, it would not be happening.
And that, dnimerick, is how you end up with a country where 1% of the population controls 43% of the financial resources.
dnimerick,是因为让“非法移民”进入,或者它的不好影响才使你的产业和其它产业不得不提升他们的利益吗?他们是不被“允许”进入的,对雇佣非法务工者是有法律处罚的。如果不是因为雇用非法务工者能够让无情的美国企业获取更多利益,那它根本就不会发生。
并且,dnimerick,你要如何终结一个1%的人口控制着43%的财政资源的国家。
6r33nh311
To get a job in the US you need to go to India.
要想在美国找到工作你需要去印度。
nate 007
Thimmmpt... Open a fortune cookie and learn Chinese, I think not. I'll stick with trying not to bastardize English. Now excuse my while I check my spelling with that button above.
Thimmmpt... 打开一块签饼然后学里面的中文,我不这么想,我会坚持不让自己的英语退步。现在请原谅我检查一下自己的拼写。
Phillip-2949259
China regards all Chinese as "Overseas Chinese".
中国把所有中国人都当成了“海外华侨”。
Howard-2349745
So ...3 out of 50 are US citizens and a few happen to work in the USA temporarily.
And this Bo Gu guy translates that into "the U.S. is still their dream place to be" ? How arrogant and narcissistic can he be ?
所以…50个里有3个是美国市民,而有些正好暂时在美国工作。
然后这个叫BO GU的老兄就把这理解为“美国仍然是他们梦想之地”?他得有多自大和自恋啊?
John Smith-332906
Precisely. Talking about taking a little bit of truth and all of a sudden, it's Magna Carta.
准确的来说,冷不丁的来点真理,那就是自由大宪章。
Newly well-to-do, upper mobile Chinese don't want to be in the U.S., where they are discrimanated, rarely get top management posts. They get their education here, fine, then they go back, where the action is, China. They may maintain a vacation home here but that's about it.
最近富裕的,上流的中国人并不想成为美国人,在这他们被歧视,并且很难身居高位。他们在这受教育,很好,接着他们就回去了,去哪,中国。他们会留下个空屋子在这但也就那么回事。
In China, they get cheap maid service, live like prince and princesses. Here, bus your own table? everything close by 9 p.m. Whaaaaa?
在中国,他们又便宜的招待服务,活的跟公主和王子一样。这,有合你时间表的巴士吗?哇,9点的时候什么都关门了。
Bob_109
What we are confronting here is what China means by "Chinese" versus what the United States means by "American." Unlike most countries, the term "American" is not co-extensive with an ethnicity. Most countries have populations that have remained more-or-less in place over significant periods or time, and, as a result, most countries are inhabited by people who tend to be related, perhaps distantly or perhaps not so distantly, to their neighbors. In other words, most countries are, so some extent or another, analogous to extremely large extended families. This is true, not only in China but also in Europe and most other countries in the world. Exceptions are to be found in places that saw significant in-migration during the period of European expansion that began in the early 16th Century. America is the most notable example, because it has seen the most in-migration. In my personal opinion, the biggest barrier that Europeans and Asians have to understanding America is that "American" is not an ethnicity and America is not an extended family. America is, first and foremost, an economy. This is not new; it has been the case since the first English settlers came to Jamestown. Failure to recognize that is a failure to understand America.
在这我们要面对的是,对“中国人”来说中国意味着什么和对“美国人”来说美国意味着什么。和大多数国家不同,“美国人”这个团体不是一个由共同种族组成的。大多数国家有着或多或少经历重要时刻后留下的人口,并且,大多数国家的居住着希望与邻居有着或深或浅联系的人们。换句话说,大多数国家,在一定程度上,类似于一个极大的家庭。没错,不仅是中国还有欧洲等世界其他国家。免责条款是在那些看见16世纪开始的欧洲扩展时期大量人口迁入后的国家建立的。美国是最著名的例子,因为它看到了最大的迁入。我个人认为,最大的障碍是让欧洲人和亚洲人理解“美国人”不是一个种族和美国也不是一个大家庭。美国,首先,它是一个经济体。也不一个新的,自从第一批英语移居者来到了詹姆斯敦就是了。不能认识到这些就不算理解美国。
Phillip-2949259
"Americans may consider China a threat, but they should not forget that for a great many of China's brightest and smartest, the U.S. is still their dream place to be."
Give it another 10 years. This statement will not be true any more.
引用“美国人或许认为中国是一个威胁,但他们不应该忘记在许多最闪光的最聪明的中国人眼中,美国仍然是梦想之地。”
再给中国10年,这话就不对了。
Bill-2671637
The apparent growing nationalism in China (see the aggressive efforts by Chinese hackers as one example) along with the virtual lack of any significant pro-democracy movement makes me scratch my head. I don't know what to make of a people who don't seem to have any significant desire for political and religious freedom. The Chinese economy and the trappings of middle class life are now buying the silence of an entire generation. Sad.
在中国名族自尊心在明显提升(看看那些有侵略性的中国黑客就是个例子),在那仅仅是缺乏有意义的现金民主运动就能让我抓狂了。我不知道什么让那里的人看起来不渴望政治和宗教的自由。如今中国的经济和中层阶级生活的外衣竟然买了整整一代人的沉默。悲哀。
Howard-2349745
Bill your impatience is mistaken. It takes time for these things to change. A middle class is only now developing in China. People are coming from poverty to comfort and luxury at an amazing speed. It is hardly surprising that they are busy enjoying their success. It is also hardly surprising that they are not inclined to start a revolution while things are improving for them so fast. Chinese culture is also a collective-style one. They grow up with the emphasis on collectivism and not individuality, as in the USA and Europe.
Bill,你的急躁是错误的。这需要时间来改变。如今在中国中层阶级正在发展。人们正在以惊人的速度从贫困到安逸和奢侈。不必惊讶他们正忙于欣喜他们的成功。也不必惊讶当一切都在如此快的改善的时候他们不想开始一场革命。中国文化也是集体主义模式的一种。
他们着重发展集体而非个体,在美国和欧洲也是这样。
Let's see how it goes after ten years and when the middle classes start to become a significant section of the population. My guess is that things will start changing then.
让我们看看十年以后中产阶级成为人口重要部分的时候中国会怎样,我认为接着将会开始变化。
On the Nationalism thing, thankfully it is not nearly as developed as in the USA.
在名族主义上,幸好中国远远没有和美国那么发达。
Jason Andersen
Chinese is an ethnicity you nim wit.
中国人是一个你可以从那取得智慧的种族。
epncy
pretty sure CHINESE is a nationality
HAN is an ethnicity, as is Uyghur, Manchu, Mongol, etc. And Mandarin is not relly anybody's native language in China other than in and around Beijing.
非常同意中国人是一个民族
汉是一个种族,类似的还有维吾尔族,满族,蒙古族等等。在中国普通话也不是真正的所有人的本地语言,除了北京和北京附近地区。
madcitizen
I hear that. I'm "American" and my fiancee is Chinese. We are already talking about going to China after she finishes her phd. This country has take a turn for the worse.
我是“美国人”,我的未婚妻是中国人。我们已经在讨论在她完成博士学位后去中国。这个国家正在不断变差。
epncy
I am American (white) married to a Chinese. We live in China for 3 years now. I am here for business. madcitizen, if you move to China you will be back in the USA within 1 year if not sooner unless you have some kind of business that is making you rich. in which case you will be back after you've accumulated enough money. Anybody who is rich or powerful in china is trying to get out. The only foreigners here are those engaged in business and are highly paid to be here. We're not here because it's better we are here for the money. How many US government officials have escaped to CHina? none. How many CHinese government officials have escaped to USA? Hundreds. with stolen money.
我是个和中国人结婚的美国人(白人)。我们现在住在中国3年了。我在这工作。madcitizen,如果你去了中国你会在1年内回到美国,如果没那么快,那就除非你的某项生意正在使你发财了。等你积累了足够的钱,你就会回到美国。任何在中国有权或者有势的人都想出去。唯一在那的外国人是些忙于事务和被支付高额雇金的人。我们在中国是为了钱。有多少美国政府官员会逃到中国?一个也没。有多少中国政府官员会逃到美国?上百个,还带着赃款。
drdarby17
I am sure you went there for the easy desperate women that will bang a refridgerator as long as it is white and has a job. Chinese government officials goto the US because the penalty for curruption is execution.
我肯定你去中国是因为一个容易绝望的女人一旦找到工作就会安定下来。中国贪官去美国是因为贪污的处罚是死刑。
Ike hana
My friend is married to a Chinese girl who speaks English, Japanese and Mandarin. She makes frequent trips to China, but says she will never move there. Too many red tapes, too many poor people and too restrictive life style not to mention the lack of freedom.
我的朋友和一个会讲英语、日语、汉语的中国女孩结婚了,她经常回中国,但她说她将不会搬到那去。太多的官僚主义,太多的穷人和太多的生活限制更不用说缺乏自由。
China Guy-2943280
Ike hana, your friend's wife is probably a Chinese American girl, which means she is a city person and too Americanized. However, ask her if she ever navigated through the "Red Tape" that the USA uses to confuse the people (aka IRS). I wonder where she lives in the USA, where she does not encounter homeless people that loss their homes because they loss their job, especially from the financial crisis that Bush Jr. built. When she visits China, she probably goes into the smaller cities. She should try a city like Shanghai, which is less restrictive then New York. As for freedom, I don’t see law enforcement or military carrying guns openly in the cities like the USA. So where in China is she visiting and so scared to move too, because I’ve visited over a dozen cities, both modern and rural during my two years living in China and haven’t seen anything different then what I seen in the USA. As a Chinese American male, I feel freer and welcomed by people in China, then being in the USA. Don’t get me wrong, I love our beloved USA and the beauty of the country and its people, however my heritage is Chinese and I would like to believe that I am part of two great countries, rich in history and culture. Choose, why should I, when I can get the best of two countries and experience everything they both have to offer!!!
Ike hana,你的朋友很可能是一个华裔美国人,这意味着她是一个城市派并且太美国化了。不论如何,问问她是否被美国就业局的“官僚主义”忽悠过(也叫美国国税局)。我想知道她住在美国哪里,哪里她没有遇到过因为丢了工作无家可归的人,尤其是由于小布什造成的金融危机。当她去中国的时候,她很可能去了些小城市。她应该试着去上海这样的城市走走,那有比纽约更少的限制。至于自由,我没有看到有法律强制或者像美国一样军队公然带着枪上街。她那么害怕搬到她在中国去过的地方,我曾经去过十几个城市,在我住在中国的2年期间内有现代化的也有农村的,没有看见任何和我在美国见过的有什么区别。作为一华裔美国男性,我在中国感到更自由和受人们欢迎,这比在美国要好。不要误解我,我热爱我们心爱的美国和这个国家的美丽和人们,然而我的传统是中国人并且我愿意承认自己是两个伟大的有着丰富的历史文化国家的一部分。我为什么一定要二选一,我可以取两国之精华并且经历他们一起付出过的。
epncy
China Guy-2943280

Ike hana, your friend's wife is probably a Chinese American girl, which means she is a city person and too Americanized.
ha ha ha - too Americanized... who is too americanized?
this is a snapshot of chinese people here in China:
most popular holidays - Chinese New Year, Christmas, Valentines Day
Most popular car - Buik
Most popular sport - NBA Basketball
Most popular foreign language spoken - English
Most common software used - Windows
Most sought after cell phone - I phone
Most popular sneaker - Nike
Most popular jeans - Levis
most popular junk food venue - dairy queen (hagen das for richer people)
most popular fast food - KFC
most popular choice of where to study if possible - USA
you can watch any american movie or TV show for free on a hand full of websites here in china
If you think dealing with the IRS is a hassle the you most certainly have never had to deal with tax authorities or any other kind of authorities here in China. To even suggest that the systems are similar is laughable. For starters in China, you cant do anything officially if your hukou is from a city other then where you are currently living. And if you dont know what a hukou is then you dont know what you are talking about. Hong Kong on the other hand is super stream lined but we are talking about China.
too americanized, that's funny. do you mean too used to things working the way they are supposed to, hassle free, without people sending you to 3 or 4 different places because they are too lazy to deal with you?
哈哈哈,太美国化——到底谁太美国化了?
这就是中国人的一个快照:
  最流行的节日-中国新年、圣诞节、情人节

最受欢迎的汽车——别克

最受欢迎的运动——NBA篮球

最受欢迎的外国语言——英语

最受欢迎的软件-微软

最受欢迎的手机——iphone  
  最受欢迎的运动鞋——耐克

最受欢迎的牛仔裤——里维斯

最受欢迎的垃圾食品——奶品皇后(有钱人吃的哈根达斯)

最受欢迎的快餐,肯德基

最受欢迎的学习地点如果可能的话,美国
你可以在中国的网站上免费找到任何美国的电影和电视节目。
如果你认为和美国国税局打交道很麻烦,你肯定从来没有和中国的税务机构或者其他官方机构打过交道。说体系一样难道不可笑吗。首先在中国,如果你的户口从一个城市迁到你现在居住的城市,作为公务员你可以做任何事。并且如果你不知道户口是什么,那么你连你在说什么也不知道。香港在另一方面是超级流水线,但我们在说的是中国。
太美国化了,真有趣。你是指习惯了他们理所应当的处事方式?没有人送你去3或4个不同的地方是因为他们懒得理你?
homesick yank

Just because a person is a permanent resident or even a citizen of one country doesn't mean that s/he cannot support or be proud of the country of his/her birth (or of his/her parents). For all China's drawbacks (and they are many), it is a nation which has made remarkable changes in the past thirty years, and I don't blame any Chinese (be s/he a resident or a citizen of another country) for being proud and tooting China's horn.
仅仅因为一个人是其他国家的永久性居民甚至只是个市民并不意味他不能为自己的祖国感到自豪。对所有的中国缺点来说(有很多),中国是一个在过去的三十年里做出了出色改变的国家,而我不责怪任何中国人(作为其他国家的市民)为中国自豪和吹响中国的号角。

drdarby17
Jeff you idiot, noone wants their taxes they want them to go home. They are like the rude family member you invite for a visit and do not leave. Too many American Idiots but this is MSNBC
Jeff你这白痴,没人要他们的税金,只要他们回去,他们就像你邀请来参观的粗暴的家庭成员,而且还不走。这就是MSNBC(原文网站),有太多美国白痴了。
Grammyd55
I don't know why they would want to come here.....all the jobs have been sent there. Have you looked at labels in your clothes lately? or on shoe boxes? or on garlic seasoning? Our umeployment is so high because our wonderful government gave all the big corporations tax breaks to send our jobs overseas. If I were them, I'd stay in China because they will find it hard to find a job here.
真不明白为什么他们想来美国……所有的工作都被送到中国去了。你见过你的衣服标签吗?或者鞋子盒子上的?或者大蒜调味品?我们的失业人员有这么多那是因为我们伟大的政府给所有的大公司减税来把我们的工作送到海外。如果我是他们,我就会待在中国因为他们会发现美国很难找到工作。
Vance333

First I love America , but we did steal it from the People who were here before us. That unfortunately is a fact. And you can't deny it.
首先我爱美国,但我们确实从原住民的手里偷走了它。这不幸的是个事实,而你们不能否认它。

jackon

The USA only won by cheating, by being despicable. Slaves and Indians on reservations, cop brutality and wage slavery are the legacy of Europe's toxic 500 years. The Chinese have already begun to replace the European dominance. Globally, Europeans face the future as an aging bully.
No mercy for the baby killers, rapists and mass murderers. They have been a festering sore...a poisonous vomit people. Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Baghdad only show part of their depravities.
美国只靠欺骗和卑鄙来胜利。斯拉夫人和印第安人的保留,警察的残暴和工资奴隶是欧洲500年遗毒的产物。中国人已经开始代替欧洲人的统治。在全世界,欧洲人要面对的未来是被当成一个强弩之末的欺凌弱小者。
对杀死婴儿的,强奸犯和大量杀人犯无需同情。他们都是像烂肉…恶心的呕吐物一样的人。长崎,广岛市,巴格达只是在展示他们堕落的一面。
jackon

Europe's only hope is mass amnesia.
欧洲的唯一希望就是群众都失忆了。